Each week of the “Smashby Training’s: Swim Better Now” Clinic will include practice sessions of three varying ability levels: Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced. A more detailed description of these three courses can be found below. The criteria for the Intermediate Course is as follows:
- Swimmer should be able to complete 100 yards (or 4 lengths) comfortably without stopping
- A basic understanding of proper breathing technique (either to one side or both) should be established
- Athlete can efficiently tread water or float safely in the deep end of the pool when tired without touching the wall or lane ropes
For athletes who do not yet meet these criteria listed, the Beginner Course option should be selected. Athletes who easily meet or exceed the requirements for the Intermediate Course should register for the Advanced Course option.
Course objectives include:
Beginner Course (1:00-2:00pm each week)
- Basic Water Safety (how to keep oneself afloat safely in deep water)
- Introduction of proper stroke timing of arms, legs, and breathing (for freestyle stroke)
- Proper functional use of swimming equipment such as Kick Board and Pull Buoy
Intermediate Course (2:00-3:00pm each week)
- Increased efficiency of stroke technique and timing of breathing for freestyle stroke
- Skills and drills using swimming equipment (Kick Board and Pull Buoy)
- As requested, introduction to flip turn technique and additional strokes (backstroke, breast stroke, butterfly)
Advanced Course (3:00-4:00pm each week)
- Fine-tuning of freestyle stroke mechanics
- Advanced speed, flip turn and technique drills
- Technique work on additional strokes (backstroke, breast stroke, butterfly)
- Athletes in this group may also be looking to compete in an aquatic event (triathlon, swim meet, etc.)
- Appropriate Swimming Attire
- Water Bottle
Sign Up is First-Come-First-Served
A wait-list will be created. Additional session times may be added based on demand.
To Sign Up:
Email “email@example.com” with the following information:
- Your name
- Which Course you are registering for (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)
- Date or Dates you would like to attend (9/13, 9/20, 9/27)
- Cash or Check Only
- Payment due before or at the swim clinic.
- Checks should be made out to “Smashby Training”
- Entry into Golden Community Center IS included.
Cancellation Policy: Out of consideration for individuals on the wait list, in the event of a cancellation, please notify me via e-mail no less than 5 days prior to your session date(s).