I can’t believe it’s already been 6 months since I started this blog!
In that time, I’ve:
Moved to a new gym! (CrossFit Lakewood!)
Had the honor of meeting and working with so many more athletes
Competed in 3 more CrossFit events, and helped convince others to compete in their first!
Learned a lot more about training, the human body, nutrition and CrossFit in general
My goal of maintaining this site is to make this blog fun and entertaining, but most importantly, a USEFUL resource for all of you. Hopefully with your continued help and input, this blog will continue to grow into site you visit daily!
For today’s Moment of Awesomeness:
CrossFit outlines The 10 General Physical Skills of human performance to be:
1. Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance- The ability of the body systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
2. Stamina- The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
3. Strength- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply force.
4. Flexibility- The ability of maximizing range of motion at a given joint.
5. Power- The ability of a muscular unit, or combo of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
6. Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
7. Coordination- The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
8. Agility- The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
9. Accuracy- The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
10. Balance- The ability to control the placement of the bodies’ center of gravity in relation to its’ support base.
Tell me one of those skills that the guy in the video does NOT utilize to control his body and bike like that! So cool.
THANK YOU ALL for your support. It means the world to me.
Here’s to 100 more posts!